Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well.


I finally came to closing down my facebook account after I saw it was just a means of creating a bunch of lazy, monitor-glued, sit-glued , none-productive humans being. I decided to take up reading to cater for the endless hrs I was spending on facebook. Tis true what they say, "the fastest way to get rid of an addiction is by finding another one."

From my newly (not really newly, but more of a habit that needed to be returned) acquired habit of book reading, I picked a copy of Ben Carson book 'Think Big' and started page after the other. Reading how the author gave nothing but the best reminded me of the words our reverend/civil right activist. He said,
"If you are called to be a street sweeper, sweep streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. Sweep streets so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, 'Here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well."
So in whatever u decide to do, just give it ur all....and all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, "Here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well."

No comments:

Post a Comment